Snoring is a bane not only to one’s health but also to the person as a whole. Many people have suffered humiliation because they were made the butt of jokes because they snore loudly or lots of people were accused of snoring even though they didn’t. At its worst situation, it can affect relationships as statistics is quite high on top reasons for divorce; snoring ranks in the top five both in the UK and in the US. Fortunately, this problem is not without solutions as there are devices that one can acquire like sleeping on the best anti snore pillow or wearing the best mouthpiece for snoring.
How To Treat Snoring With Mouthpiece
Almost everyone do snore for different reasons and more often when you are able to determine the reason, the solution to treat snoring becomes easier as you are managing the root cause of snoring. Snoring is often caused by difficulty in breathing due to poor sleeping positions or abnormalities in tissues around your throat. In some cases, it is due to age or physical deformities, or due to lifestyle abuse.
Regardless of reasons, snoring can be managed using anti-snoring devices or also known as dental appliances, or if you want more profound term; mandibular advancement splints. Many people do not know that this mouthpiece for snoring has been around for ten years and is recognized to help eliminate if not managed to snore with an 85 percent success rate. It is a small plastic device that is worn in the mouth during the sleeping time to prevent soft tissues in the throat from collapsing and obstructing air passages.
How Does It Work
In simple words, the best mouthpiece for snoring works by bringing the lower jaw forward and by lifting soft palate or by doing the latter independently. However, there are two types of mouthpiece for snoring; MAD (mandibular advancement device) and TRD (tongue retaining device.) Which one is better? It depends as each anti-snoring device is different from the other.
- MAD device – it works by holding the jaw and moving it forward thus, the jaw ceases to fall back while the person sleeps. With this action, the mouthpiece helps tissues and muscles around the upper air passages remain tight as if the individual is still awake and eliminates obstructions to breathing that can cause snoring
- TRD device – this is the latest innovation when it comes to the mouthpiece for snoring thus it still not widely used by many people who snore. TRD prevents snoring by making the tongue move forward and remain at that. Some individuals snore because their tongue apparently blocks the airway while they sleep. When the mouthpiece holds the tongue forward, air passages are clear from obstructions. This device has a small suction part that firmly and gently holds your tongue and keeps it in place.
Take note that both mouthpieces for snoring are inserted into the mouth before going to sleep. The difference is that MAD snoring device is like a dental prosthetics while TRD is inserted at the tip of the tongue.
Some Products To Consider
There are many anti-snoring devices out there and thus you need some initial ideas on some of the products that work. While you may need a guide on how to choose the best one, it helps on the other hand that you are aware of some of the available products in the market for your consideration.
- Adjustable Night Guard Mouthpiece Aid – this mouthpiece helps solve the problem of personal settings for moving the jaw forward which other similar anti-snoring devices don’t have. With its Eliminator Pro feature, you can increase or decrease the placement of your jaw.
- Anti-Bruxism technology prevents teeth from grinding.
- Configure settings according to the size of your mouth and jaw.
Cons: It is just too tight and feels like chewing gum is sticking into your mouth.
- Sleep Aid Mouthpiece – if you find it painful wearing the anti-snoring device, then this mouthpiece for snoring product is your ideal solution as it helps eliminate dental pain and cause sleep disruptions.
Pros: No more sleep disruptions due to painful teeth.
- It has a design that can help create the impression that this is just a cheap
- plastic mouthpiece for snoring.
- Snorepin – if you are having problems with after-effects of wearing mouthpiece for snoring like leaving your mouth dry and quite sticky, this anti-snoring device is just what you need. It is a dilator for the nose which helps make your nose open very wide and allow more air. Since it is inserted into the nose, one will not experience dry mouth after using this anti-snoring device.
- Since it is inserted in the nose, it prevents an individual from breathing in contaminants that might cause allergies and other lung diseases.
- Very affordable only less than $20 when you buy it online.
- Those with big nostrils might find this device inconvenient.
- Sleep Aid Mouth Guard– if you are quite fixated with hygiene and want that your mouthpiece is properly stored when not in use, then this is your appropriate solution to get rid of snoring and at the same time allay fears of acquiring communicable disease due to exposed anti-snoring device as it comes with a storage pack and travel case.
- Provides perfect fit due to easy to follow molding procedures.
- It eliminates or helps manage teeth conditions during sleeping like chattering, grinding, clenching, bruxism, and even alleviates pain.
- The product is quite bulky as it is in a one-piece design.
- Easily melts when the right water temperature is not achieved
It is important to take note that there are different anti-snoring mouthpieces or products that work for different persons with special requirements. In addition, it is also important that you have to check with your doctor your sleep apnea condition so that he or she can prescribe the right mouthpiece for snoring for you. Lastly, these devices do not eliminate or stop snoring; it is just a temporary relief to help you get achieve quality sleep throughout the night.