Memory Foam Pillow is the bed accessory which most men, women, and youngsters use for sleeping. These pillows are made of high-quality foam or mattress that is little softer, flexible and extremely comfortable. It will be quite complicated to clean the memory foam pillow. But, you can clean it by following the given guidelines.
1. Cleaning Memory Foam:
This is a unique method to clean the memory foam pillow and mattress that does not harm or spoil the performance of the pillow. You can use this process to top and bottom of the pillow or mattress. However, everyone should consider every step deeply and exactly do whatsoever in the guide has been explained.
2. What You Need for Cleaning?
Several things you are required to use in cleaning the memory foam pillow of your bedroom. If you do not have these accessories, then you may experience many issues during the cleaning process. Secondly, you must be aware of the right techniques associated with how to clean memory foam pillows. These compulsory products are;
- Hand vacuum pump with a softer brush attached
- Spray bottle
- Water (distilled)
- Woolite fabric cleaner
- detachable showerhead
- White vinegar (distilled)
- Spray attachment hose
3. Cleaning Process:
The cleaning process is quite simple and seems like dusting the bedroom with some vacuum pump or specific machine. However, you have to follow the given steps for cleaning the memory foam mattress or pillow.
- You have to vacuum the pillows completely from upper to bottom surfaces with a softer brush.
- Now put the memory foam pillow on a bathtub or beside some water supply tank on a tarp in the balanced form
- Prepare a cleaning product by mixing 1 part of Woolite and 2 part of the water
- Now shake this mixture well and confirm it is mixed completely
- Apply this solution to every part of the pillow nicely
- Let the pillow stay for 30 minutes
- Next, you have to cleanse the pillow with water.
- For squeezing, you have to fold and press the pillow for water release.
- Empty the bottle and now prepare another solution of vinegar 1 part and 4 part of the water
- Spray down this new mixture or solution to pillows comprehensively
- Clean it again with shower head and let it dry
- Use hair dryer or fan to make the pillow completely dry
4. Removing Stains:
Blemishes may also be removed easily by using some detergents, light chemicals, and other homemade products. In fact, it is the same process as to cleanse the memory foam pillow by vinegar solution. Now, many best performing and reliable solutions are available in markets for the complete removal of stains in pillows by a spraying process.
5. Odor Removing:
Many cleaning products based on Citrus can be used for odor removal. These brands are available in powder which you can mix with distilled water to prepare a solution. Now, you have to apply it on pillow thoroughly that will remove odor completely and fast.
6. Additional Guidelines:
Basically, you can use the memory foam pillow as long as you want by rotating its surfaces after every 6 month period. Secondly, you should never take a meal or tea and coffee on the bed. Finally, you must clean and remove the dust from the bed regularly.