Sleep is one of the most important commodities that every person needs in order to function well. Without it, you won’t be able to work, play, or even be productive in your daily life. And since there are some statistics that show that people spend about a third of their life sleeping, it is only natural to think about comfort during your time of rest. You never know what can happen the next day, and both your body and mind need to rejuvenate after everything. But what most people experience during sleep is not good at all. Some others wake up with pains and cramps after. They are usually prevalent in the neck, shoulder, and arm areas. Why does this happen? It may be due to the fact that your sleeping position is not right or the pillow that you are using might not be comfortable. It just all comes together and it brings frustrations upon waking up. This pain will cause you to discomfort all throughout the day, and that is just not going to help you out. This article will talk about getting the best pillow for neck pain so that you can avoid these fitful mornings.
If you have the right pillow that will both give you comfort and pain relief, resting and sleeping will always be appealing. Get to know what kind of neck pillow can be used to alleviate and manage neck pains in the next parts.
What’s The Best Pillow for Neck Pain?
You might have already been aware of the many types of pillows that are being sold in the market, and their pros and cons. But did you know that there are some special pillows that were made especially to help manage pain and relay comfort for the user? People who often experience sore necks after waking up might have bad posture during sleep and their body is not fully supported because of this. And having the best pillow for neck pain at your disposal will do wonders for that.
Basically, this pillow is meant for those who are fitful sleep and those who are experiencing neck pains. Therapists and chiropractors make use of them to help with the pain relief and treatment of various conditions.
Who Uses a Neck Pain Pillow?
One of the most common pet peeves of people, when they are sleeping, is their capability to contort their bodies in uncomfortable positions. You might fall asleep in this position, and it may seem okay, but it is not a good habit. This is probably the most common cause of neck pain. The reason for this is because of the fact that your neck and shoulder, and even the head are not properly supported.
Using a specific neck pillow is good for those who are like this. These are the people who need to use a specific pain-relieving pillow so that their nighttime rest is made better and more rejuvenating. It would be quite counterproductive if you always wake up with a sore neck, and pillows are the answer to this, dilemma. The best pillow for neck pain is not necessarily that one which is always advertised, but you should judge for yourself.
This pillow is also used for those who have contracted some sort of neck injury. This delicate condition cannot be underestimated because it will probably affect your lifestyle in more ways than one. This is the reason why you need to comfortable, even while you are sleeping. There is no better cure for pains and aches than rest.
Why Use Them
There are so many reasons why you should at least invest in the best pillow for neck pain. They might not be necessarily obvious for those who are experiencing normal sleep, but for those who are always experiencing pain, this commodity is a treasure. The question of why you should use them always pops up and the answer is quite simple. They are made to solve that particular dilemma. Pillows are not cheap, and they come in all shapes and sizes. So why invest in one that will not have the ability to provide you with the utmost comfort during rest?
It is said that neck pains are common occurrences, but when it happens all the time, perhaps it’s time to go for an alternative that will help you out. These special pillows will enable you to get that much-needed rest and it will also speed up the recovery and pain of your neck. Your injury will not be able to cripple your rest because you know that it is supported properly by the pillow. It seems like a shallow concept, but it is one of the most important components that you need to remember when you are in the place of these people.
When you have the best pillow for neck pain, you can be assured of great sleep. Your muscles will be able to relax, the pressure in the body is released, and eventually, the pain goes away as an inevitable result because your neck is fully supported.
How to Choose the Best Neck Pain Pillows for You
So now that we have established the importance of having the right kind of pillow to relieve neck pains, the next step is to understand the concepts of choosing one that is best suited for you. You cannot just get the first one you see off the shelves or the one that is most advertised, because you never know what these pillows can offer you that way.
- Consider Your Sleeping Position: Whether you are a side sleeper or a back sleeper, or someone who sleeps on their stomach, always take note of how you sleep. This will help out a lot in choosing the right kind of pillow that will be able to support your neck in the best way.
- Do You Want a Small One or a Big One?: Size does matter. The best pillow for neck pain cannot be too big or too small because both times, this will ruin its support feature. Choose one that is best suited to your condition. If you are having frequent neck pains or if you have an injury, this will definitely come into play when you decide on a good pillow.
- Choose the Right Filling: Another factor that you have to consider is the filling of the said pillow. If you have allergies and certain preferences, then take them into account. Choose wisely and know what kind of pillow you want. The filling will affect you greatly if you are allergic, and this can disrupt rest and cause further stress.
- Is It Able To Support Your Neck and Body Well?: When it comes to pillows, this is a million-dollar question. This is the main purpose of pillows, after all. They are meant to keep your spine in alignment. When you sleep, different positions can actually impact your rest, and pillows are meant to soften things and make things comfortable. The best pillow for neck pain will be able to support your weight accordingly to avoid pain and further injuries.
- Prioritize Comfort: This is a must. Always check and double-check if the pillow that you are about to buy will be comfortable for everyday use. Can you imagine using it? Will you feel well-rested when you use it? Try it out and check the feeling of actually having the pillow in your arms. This will give you a feel of what to expect so that you can choose the right one for you.
- Go for Adjustable Pillows: Firm pillows are good and all, but it’s not for everyone. A pillow is meant to conform to your body so that while sleeping, pressure points can be released and muscles can relax in the process. Adjustable pillows will allow this. That best pillow for neck pain can actually be one of these pillows. It should mold to your body shape but still have the ability to support your weight.
Some Great Neck Pain Pillows to Consider
As was said above, neck pain cannot be taken lightly. Whether you have an injury or it is due to bad sleeping positions, never underestimate its power to affect you. Choosing the proper pillow is a necessity in these cases so that you do not end up with bad and painful mornings. It will greatly help with healing, and it can also pave the way for better rest.
Now all these talks about choosing the right pillows for neck pain have brought us to some specific products that you can take as options. These are not necessarily the ones that you need to buy, but they do present a good solution for most people. Get to know why these choices are good and why they are rated well, even in online websites like Amazon.
Arc4life Cervical Linear Traction Neck Pillow MEDIUM
This pillow has a size of 24 x 17 x 3 inches and an average weight of 1.5 lbs. It is manufactured by Arc4Life.
This traction neck pillow is filled with Polyester Fiber and can be used by people who prefer sleeping on their sides and on their backs because it is able to support the neck and the spine together. It also helps relieve muscle pain in the neck while enhancing the circulation because of the relaxed muscles. You get a better posture when sleeping and snoring can also be reduced because your body is able to acclimate to the pillow. This is both good for simple and chronic pains so it’s a good choice for people who are looking for an efficient pillow that is both comfortable and functional.
Core 200 Tri-Core Pillow Standard Support-Core Products #200
This pillow is manufactured by Core Products. It is made up of 50% cotton and 50% polyester with a Fortrel Fiber filling so it’s a good choice when you are not sure about what filling to get. The size is measured to be 24 x 16 inches, the standard pillow, and it weighs 2 lbs.
As the name suggests, this pillow is all about support. If you are experiencing neck pains and headaches, or if you are recovering from an injury in the said areas, this pillow is a great choice because it is best suited to help alleviate pain. It is compatible with both side and back sleepers. It’s unique trapezoidal shape and center is perfect to cradle your head and support the neck when you are sleeping. A lot of good reviews have also been associated with this pillow because not only was it comfortable to use for most, it was also able to help with their condition. Some users claimed that their sleep was better after a few days of using the pillow and the adjustment was just great.
Malouf Memory Foam Molded Contour Neck Pillow
This pillow is manufactured by Z. It comes in a standard pillow size that measure 20 x 3 x 12 inches with an average weight of 2 lbs. The velour covering that can be taken out is perfect for giving comfort and softness for this pillow.
The good thing about this pillow is the adjustable feature that can actually help with aches. It is able to mold to the weight and the pressure that is applied by the person when sleeping. This means that you get great support while having the assurance that it won’t be too soft. It is said to be very helpful in relieving neck and shoulder pains because it assists in the release of pressure points during sleep. The special ergonomic and contour design keeps the spine aligned correctly so that you do not end up with a bad sleeping posture that can cause chronic pain. Those with injuries can also use this pillow because it will help relax their neck muscles during sleep and give them a more comfortable rest.
Read my article about the Best Pillow for Neck Problems